Signs You Need Garage Door Replacement
You may notice one or a few signs that indicate something is wrong. Garage doors wear over time, but age alone won’t factor into your decision. The overall condition of your door can be assessed by paying close attention to its:
Speed: An increased delay in movement when you hit the opener button can mean it’s time for a new system.
Noise: Some noises warrant quick repairs or adjustments; lots of grinding, grating, banging, and crunching can mean otherwise.
Safety: Does the door slam shut, not close all the way, or reverse on its own? Such issues can put you and your family in danger.
Appearance: Garage doors contribute substantial curb appeal to your home; replace yours if it looks worn or antiquated.
Older models don’t have the technology of today. If newer capabilities and features seem attractive, then it might be worthwhile to invest in a new garage door. If your garage door insulation is worn, heating bills are going up, or maintenance is costing more, installing a new door can mean long-term savings.
Other Factors to Consider
Although type and style are important, there are many other considerations when purchasing a new garage door. To ensure the most suitable garage door installation, you want to think about:
- Windows: Allow light into your garage and can significantly improve the look of the door.
- Color: Colors range from various shades of brown to white, beige, tan, gray, green, and black.
- Decorative Hardware: Doors with unique handles, hinges, knobs, and straps can have more authenticity.
- Insulation: The higher the R-value of a door, the more insulated and thermally resistant it is.
- Size: The door must, of course, fit the opening to your garage; standard and custom sizes are available.
Garage Door Options
We offer door type solutions for customers who opt to install a new garage door.